All research topics on the association between plant-based nutrients and sustainability or health-related outcomes are welcomed. Possible research topics are:
- Plant proteins and/or carbohydrates in a sustainable diet.
- Communication and consumer behavior with respect to plant proteins.
- The role of carbohydrates (i.e. sugars, starch and fibers) in metabolic diseases, physical and mental performance/health.
- The effect of carbohydrates (i.e. sugars, starch and fibers) on the microbiome and immune responses.
- Special sugars (e.g. d-allulose, L-arabinose) and their health effects.
- Risk-benefit assessment and public health impacts (cost-benefit assessment) of plant ingredients versus animal-based ingredients.
More information can be found in our call for pre-proposals.
Pre-proposals can be submitted until December 18th, 2022.